I had some fish stock in the freezer and found some arborio rice in the pantry. I also needed to use up some onion and garlic. That’s all I needed.,.. oh wait… is that saffron in the back of the pantry there?
Laundromat. Older black guy is folding laundry while his son runs around. White hipster guy is talking to him.
White guy: I hate laundry day
Black guy: Hmph, I ain’t never heard nobody say they hate wearing clean clothes.
Just back from the farmer’s market with the following:
- Three pounds of heirloom tomatoes
- One pound of yellow wax beans.
- One and half pounds of brussel sprouts
- One pound of figs
- One pound of yukon gold potato nuggets (almost like fingerlings but grape sized)
- Ponce Pt. rindon cheese
- Quarter poundof creme fraiche
- One pan de mie
- One sweet baguette
- and what I’m really excited about….one quarter node of foie gras.
I spent too much money but I’m gonna eat good for the few days. Pics coming once I’m done playing food stylist.