2 pounds shelled, unsalted, roasted peanuts
¼ cup kosher salt
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cayenne
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
2 tablespoons corn starch
¼ cup cold water
1) Preheat oven to 375.
2) Place nuts in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix the next five ingredients.
3) Make a slurry with the cornstarch and water. Pour into sugar and salt mixture and mix well.
4) Pour liquid over cold nuts and mix well to coat the nuts evenly. Spread on cookie sheet in a uniform layer. You don’t want the layer too thick, so two sheets may be necessary.
5) Place nuts in oven for 10 minutes and then reduce the temperature to 250. Allow to bake for 30 minutes, breaking up sugar and salt clusters occasionally.
6) Remove from oven and allow to cool on baking sheet before storing in a jar or Ziploc bag.