Experiments with the SLR my friend in NY has loaned me. This pic isn’t photoshopped in anyway except for sizing. I’ve got a lot to learn I think.
Had lunch with my friend Mark today. He’s also know as www.walterkurtz.com (nsfw)
He just told me he’s going to loan me his digital slr and a lens so I can get moving with my photography quicker than waiting to save up for one.
BOUNCY BOUNCY BOUNCY GLEEE JOY JOY!!
I sorta made this one up off the top of my head and it came out super good.
1 pound butter, room temp.
2 cups granulated sugar
5 springs rosemary
zest of 4 lemons
juice of 2 lemons
4 egg yolks
3 whole eggs
4 cups AP flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
1) Preheat oven to 350 F
2) In bowl of food processor combine rosemary leaves and sugar. Puree until leaves are incorporated into sugar. Add lemon zest and process for 30 to 40 seconds.
3) IN bowl of large stand mixer, add sugar mixture and butter that has been cut into 1” cubes. Cream together.
4) One at a time add egg yolks, waiting until each is incorporated before adding the next. Repeat with whole eggs.
5) Whisk together dry ingredients and add into wet mixture in ½ cup increments allowing it to be mixed in before adding the next measure.
6) Scrape down sides and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
7) Spoon dough onto parchment lined cookie sheets, spacing approx 1 to 2 inches apart.
8) Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are turning golden. You shouldhave a very cakey cookie in the end.
I just made 3 dozen macaroons:
Five Spice and Curry and Ginger and (oh what’s this? Lets add that) Black Pepper and Cayenne And Chocolate Cookies
Yesterday, Luke offered me a ride to Bayview to get a tree forhim and garlands for me. The idea was to get something cheaper than what was being sold at the Delancy shop on Noe and Market. He was right.Almost a 1/3 less than what we had seen in town. I asked about the garlands but had actually called them branches. They pointed out the piles of branches that had been trimmed off the bottomof purchased trees and the guys were more than happy to let take them for free. Luke dropped me off at home and I set to making the house pretty.
Look, I know you think your tot is the cutest thing ever to walk God’s green Earth but please, DON’T bring your kid into the store on a Saturday during the farmer’s market when the crowd at the counter is so thick that it starts to eat away at our oxygen just so your kid can practice his lisping questioning skills. “Ask the lady what that cheese is.” “Ask the lady if you can hold the cheese.” “Ask the lady why the cheese is that color.” “Ask the lady why her face is turning purple and she’s starting to go into convulsions.”